What is Online Attachment-Focused EMDR?
Online Attachment-Focused EMDR (AF-EMDR) approaches trauma treatment from a relational trauma angle. Relational trauma is trauma that occurs “in the context of a relationship” (Parnell, 2013), be it with a toxic mother and/or father, relative or any significant other. It may result as a failure to provide adequate care, as to attend to a child and adolescent’s emotional needs. Relational trauma may also follow neglect, physical, sexual and/or emotional/psychological abuse committed by a person of trust (For more information about AF-EMDR, please click here).
What problems can be treated with online Attachment-Focused EMDR (AF-EMDR)?
Because traumatic memories keep the body on survival mode, unresolved trauma may cause prolonged pain and distress. A diverse range of mental and emotional health issues in adulthood is linked to untreated trauma, such as:
- Guilt, chronic shame and low self-esteem
- PTSD and Complex PTSD
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Feeling vulnerable
- Feeling not good enough, like a bad or broken person
- Compulsive and obsessive behaviours
- Feelings of anger, irritability and resentment
- Emotional numbness
- Inability to feel pleasure in life
- Frightening thoughts and excessive worrying
- Difficulty concentrating
- Insomnia, sleep disturbances
- Hypervigilance, exaggerated startle reflex
- Difficulty making decisions
- Self-sabotaging and self-destructing behaviours
- Difficulties in relationships
- Thoughts of suicide
How much does an online 60-minute session of AF-EMDR cost?
An online 60-minute session of AF-EMDR costs € 100,00 payable via bank transfer (not available outside the EU) or with your VISA, MasterCard and American Express.
Advantages of having online AF-EMDR therapy:
- Convenient: having AF-EMDR online is extremely easy and it saves you time. You are not required to drive through busy roads and face traffic to meet up with your therapist. All you have to do is seat comfortably somewhere private facing your PC screen and connect to your AF-EMDR therapist via Skype.
- Flexible: AF-EMDR online therapy is the perfect option for busy people and parents. Since you do not need to leave your home and/or children to see your therapist, you can book your online AF-EMDR therapy sessions more freely, at a time that suits you best and does not interfere with your daily commitments.
- Nonthreatening: AF-EMDR online makes the therapeutic experience less intimidating or unsettling for the client. For those who feel a certain level of unease about sharing their emotional pain so closely with someone they have never met before, online AF-EMDR may be a more fitting option.
- Effective: online therapy is now widely recognised as a reliable and efficient means for providing high quality therapy. The popularity of e-therapy has grown immensely in the past 10 years, to the extent that it has become an established branch of therapy not only with the young and net-savvy, but also with people of various age groups and social backgrounds.
If you are interested in having face-to-face or online AF-EMDR therapy, click here to request a consultation.